6th Annual Omaha Autism Puzzle Walk & 5K Run
Online registrations are now closed. Walk up registrations will be taken for the fun walk and activities. No additional 5K registrations can be taken.
The Autism Society of Nebraska is proud to announce our 6th annual Autism Puzzle Walk! This year we are thrilled that our message of support is truly traveling across the state!
DATE: April 27, 2013
7:30 a.m. 5K Packet Pick Up
8:30 a.m. 5K Run
9:00 a.m. Walk Registration and Events Open
10:30 a.m. Fun Walk
Event Ends at Noon
PLACE: Elmwood Park, 60th & Dodge Streets
COST: $12 Adults 19 and over
$8 for those 18 and under
$30 for 5K runner
The Autism Society will be hosting our Omaha Autism Puzzle Walk and 5K run at Elmwood Park in Omaha. Come join us for a great family event with free continental breakfast, bounce houses for ages 1-101, carnival games, face painting, character appearances and loads of fun!
- Online registration open until April 26 at 5:00 p.m. Registrations will be accepted day of the walk.
- Cotton Tshirts are only guaranteed to those who register prior to April 12, 2013. We will order a limited quantity of additional shirts for those who register after April 12, but you may not receive a shirt if you are a late registrant.
- Late registration no longer incurs a late fee.
- Registration and check in begins at 9:00 a.m. on April 27.
- The Fun Walk will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Click here to see a map of the 5K course.
- Online registration open until April 25 at 7:00 p.m. NO REGISTRATIONS DAY OF RACE
- Registrations will still be taken at packet pickup at Peak Performance, 519 N. 78th Street from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on April 26
- Technical Tshirts included (they run large) if the runner registered by April 12
- Registration after April 12 will not incur a late fee, but no Technical Tshirt will be given.
- Packet pickup will occur on Friday, April 26 at Peak Performance, 519 N. 78th Street from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. We encourage you to pick up your packet at this time to avoid congestion on the day of the race.
- Packets will be available race day starting at 7:30 a.m.
- When registering, if you are not joining a team, you can create a team using your own name.
- Chip timing will be used this year. Timing services provided by Precision Race Results, LLC, Omaha, NE.
- Medals given for Top 3 Male/Female in each age group.
- Prize given to overall Top 3 Male and Female and Top Male/Female Masters.
- Strollers are allowed, but must start at the back. ***NOTE*** There may be dirt or grassy areas in the race.
- Additional 5K information can be found on our FAQ Page.
- We are pleased to provide one of the only Family Friendly 5K’s in the area! Come run and then stay for the fun. With face painting, bounce houses, Storm Troopers, stage show, continental breakfast and more, you can’t go wrong at our run.
Can't attend the actual walk? No worries! Register as a Virtual Walker and join us in supporting the cause! All funds raised by the Autism Society stay in Nebraska where we can directly impact the lives of our local community!
Registration is easy! Take a few moments and create your own personal fundraising page and help us spread the word!
Remember to register by April 12, 2013 in order to guarantee a shirt at the event. Late registration no longer has a price increase, but a shirt will not be guaranteed for late registrations.
Every 11 minutes…
Every 11 minutes a child is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
The family is told that early intervention is critical.
They then realize they cannot afford those services.
Please help us help them!
Learn more about the Autism Society of Nebraska at www.autismnebraska.org!